I am on the Harvard faculty. My laboratory's research interests are in artificial intelligence and signal processing algorithms especially for biomedical and neurotechnology systems.
Apart from my day job, I am involved with the IEEE EMBS Boston Section and Pugwash Conferences on Science and World Affairs. Much of my free time is spent playing a game of chess, reading philosophy or playing the violin, sometimes on the banks of River Charles.
My lab has multiple open research positions at all levels. If you are passionate about the intersection of healthcare with machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques, please get in touch!
NEWS AND EVENTS
- "Digital health investing" panel at Redefining Early Stage Investments, Boston, MA, Sep 2019.
- "How real-world data can rescue clinical trials and save lives" panel at Healthcare Analytics Summit, Salt Lake City, UT, Sep 2019.
- Keynote talk, "The future of sensor technology in healthcare" at Medical Sensors Design Conference, San Jose, CA, Jun 2019.
- "Real-world evidence" roundtable (moderator) at Conf on Digital Biomarkers, Boston, MA, Jun 2019.
- "Digital biomarkers in neuroscience" at Conf on Digital Biomarkers, Boston, MA, Jun 2019.
- "Connected diagnostics" panel at Conf on Interenet of Diagnostic Things, Boston, MA, Jun 2019.
- "Oculomotor assessment as a potential biomarker for Huntington's disease", Annual HDSA Convention, Boston, Jun 2019
- "Parkinson's and other movement disorders" panel (moderator) at Neurotech Investing & Partnering Conference, Boston, May 2019
- "Towards digital biomarkers for clinical diagnostics" at Molecular Med Triconference, San Francisco, CA, Mar 2019.
- "Alternative investments" panel (moderator) at MIT Sloan Investment Conference, Cambridge, MA, Feb 2019.
- "Digital biomarkers for Huntington's disease", Translational Huntington's Disease Research Meeting, Boston, Feb 2019
- "Big Data in Healthcare" panel at MedHacks 2018, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, Sep 2018.
- "AI and IoT in healthcare: Identifying key value drivers" at the Medical Sensors Design Conference, San Jose, CA, June 2018.
- "AI and the future of medicine", MIT Faculty Forum Online, June 2018.
- Keynote talk at MIT Hacking Medicine: Grand Hack 2018, Cambridge, MA, Apr 2018.
- "Digital value in therapeutics" panel at the East/West CEO Conference, San Francisco, CA, Jan 2018.
- Looking for a data science challenge? Join the IEEE Brain Data Bank Competition, Boston, MA, Dec 2017.
- Keynote talk, "Implantable sensors, data analytics and next generation devices" at the Medical Sensors Design Conference, Newton, MA, May 2017.
- Keynote talk, "Brain-machine interface technology: Separating hope from hype" at the Predictive Analytics World for Healthcare, New York, NY, Oct 2016.