Welcome to the Random Resources and Uncommon Interests Section, a
network of pages with all the resources available here. See the List of All Resources if you want to see
all of the resources in one page. Also in the list are semi-permanent
links to the resource descriptions (a better alternative than linking
to these pages, which may change quickly).
See the Legend for Resources to
understand the icons.
Resources : Featured Resources
- Flier advertising and recruiting for
helpers on the Gumption Center: Without Tear-offs and With Tear-Off Tabs.
- ESG Verse to the MIT Drinking Song.
- Instructions to make Buffens Hats,
designed to look like those in Arbeau; available in FIG, GIF, and EPS.
- Java/Scheme Interface, for creating a dual-language system. Logically, Java keeps track of objects and data, and Scheme tracks operations and decisions (possibly with a codelet system). Here is the Java Code and the Scheme Code.
describing my Constructed Written Language.
- Keyboards for efficient input on PDAs.
See some of the best
keyboards. Words are formed by gliding the stylus from one letter
to the next. The boards were formed using simulated annealing with
letter frequencies from common English (s and z
represent leading and trailing spaces, though either can be used for
'space', or a twiddle back over them for double space). Generally the
keys naturally align themselves to a hexagonal grid.
- Plato's Dialogues - The Tetralogies
A wide variety of Platonic resources, including a structure for understanding the Dialogues
- I want to start a Vast Left Wing Conspiracy group, along the
principles of How the Left Can Win Arguments and Influence
People: a big meta-organization that supports progressive efforts
and helps different progressive efforts move forward and communicate.
Resources : Related Categories
Back to Jimmy's Homepage
If you have any questions or comments that you want to email, feel
free to contact me, at jrising@ mit.edu or with the Comments and Questions Form. If you
find any dead links, please tell me (I will fix them)!