Part II: Saturday, October 1, 1994
Directions to the above locations are also
- 10:30-12:00 City Hall Plaza, Boston, dancing
- 12:00-1:30 Commonwealth Brewery, Boston, lunch
& pub stop
- 1:45-3:00 Copley Plaza, Boston, more dancing
- 3:30-5:00 John Weeks Footbridge (on the Charles
River, near Harvard Square), Cambridge, more dancing
- 5:30-6:30 John Harvard's Brew House, Harvard
Square, Cambridge, pub stop
- 7:30-11:00 Masonic Hall, 1950 Massachusetts Ave.
(Porter Square), Cambridge, dinner, party, dancing, singing,
The teams attending were:
- Green Fiddle
Morris (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Hurst Morris People (Hurst, Berkshire, UK)
- Lemon &
Capers Morris (Boston, Mass., USA)
- Merrie Mac Morris (Concord, N.H., USA)
- Middlesex Morris (Arlington, Mass.,
River Morris (Princeton, N.J., USA)
- Muddy River Morris (Boston, Mass., USA)
Directions to the First Stand:
The following aren't necessarily the fastest routes, but they are probably
The plan is to park in MIT's Hayward Parking Lot (which is free on
weekends) and take the "T"
(Boston's public transportation system) to all of the stands.
From the West:
- Take your favorite road to the Mass. Pike.
- At the end of the Mass. Pike, be in the left lane. Get onto I-93
North. (Watch the merge onto 93 North--visibility is poor.)
- You are now coming from the South. Follow the directions below.
From the North or the South
- Take I-93 to exit 26 (Storrow
Drive/Cambridge/North Station). Get into the left
lane on the exit ramp and take the left fork
onto Storrow Drive.
- Stay in the left lane and take the next left
fork toward Government Center/Cambridge.
- Turn right at the flashing red light onto the
Longfellow Bridge to Cambridge. Stay
in the right lane on the bridge.
- Take the first right at the end of the
bridge. This will bring you around a loop onto
Memorial Drive Westbound.
- After you pass under the Longfellow Bridge and then over a small bridge,
take the first right onto Wadsworth
- Take the first left onto Ahmerst
Street, and then the first right onto
- Pull into the Hayward parking lot on your left.
(Disregard the sign--it's OK to park there on weekends.) Don't forget
to lock your car and keep valuables out of sight.
- Walk directly away from the parking lot entrance onto
Carleton Street. The "T"
station will be on your right. Get on the
"T" inbound and follow the directions below.
(You're at the "Kendall Square"
station, where Charlie
"handed in his dime.")
By MBTA (The "T")
- Take whichever line you're on inbound. If this is the
Red Line, take it to Park St.
- If you're not on the Green Line, change to it and take
it to Government Center/Scollay Square (where Charlie's
wife goes "every day at quarter past two").
- We'll be dancing at City Hall Plaza right outside the
Government Center station.
Middlesex Morris home page / performance schedule / send
Last modified: 1997/03/17 15:30:20 by firstname.lastname@example.org