Descendants of Walter Stuart and his Brothers
According to Fasti Ecclesiae Scoticanae, the following was minister of Alvah: [ref. 3]
- Thomas STEWART of Ryland, Alvah, Banffshire, bailie, m. by 1643 Marjorie
GORDON. [ref. 2]
- Walter STUART or STEWART, m. aft. 20 Nov 1643 Isobell MITCHELL,
d. by 1671. In 1643, in Ryland. In 1671 (posth.), portioner of Bogtown,
near Fordyce, Banffshire. [ref. 1,2]
- Jean STUART (eldest daughter), m. 20 Oct 1671 Robert SAUNDERS or
SANDERS or ALEXANDER. [ref. 1]
- George STUART. [ref. 1]
- Marjorie STUART or STEWART, m. John SCOTT (minister of Dipple, Moray), d.
23 Dec 1696. [ref. 1,3]
- Alexander SCOTT, b. 20 Jun 1686. The first minister of Overwhorton parish, Stafford, Virginia. [ref. 3]
- George SCOTT. Writer in Edinburgh. [ref. 3]
- Patrick STEWART. [ref. 2]
JAMES STEUART, son of Walter S., and nephew of John S. of Ryland; educated
at Marischal College, Aberdeen; received his degree M.A. 1686. Ordained in
1718. Died unmarried 19 Feb. 1745, aged about 65.
- Entry of 29 Sep 1710 in the Banff (burgh) register of sasines.
- Entry of 20 Nov 1643 in the Banffshire register of sasines.
- Lowell M. Scott, pers. comm., 23-24 Sep 2002.
content last revised 25 Sep 2002