- Iain Dunning
- Vishal Gupta
- Nathan Kallus
- Jerry Kung
- Miles Lubin
- Velibor Misic
- John Silberholz
- Joel Tay
- Nataly Youssef
- Rahul Mazumder
- Ebrahim Nasrabadi
- Phebe Vayanos
- Michel Goemans, Probabilistic and worst case analysis of LP relaxations for a class of connectivity problems, 1990 (Tucker prize of Mathematical Programming Society, 1991, 2nd prize in Nicholson competition of INFORMS, 1991).
- Daisuke Nakazato, Transient distributional results in queues with applications to queueing networks, 1990.
- Garrett van Ryzin, Dynamic vehicle routing problems, 1991 (2nd prize in Transportation dissertation competition of INFORMS, 1992, honorable mention in Nicholson competition of INFORMS, 1991).
- Peter Vranas, Ground holding strategies for a network of airports in air traffic control, 1992 (2nd prize in Transportation dissertation competition, 1992).
- Michael Peterson, Transient congestion phenomena in air transportation, 1992.
- Carolyn Haibt-Norton, Topics in discrete optimization, 1993.
- Haiping Xu, Optimal policies for stochastic and dynamic vehicle routing problems, 1994.
- Zhihang Chi, Dynamic and network effects in airline yield management, 1994.
- Gina Mourtzinou, An axiomatic approach to queueing systems, 1995 (2nd prize in Nicholson competition of INFORMS, 1996).
- Jose Nino-Mora, Optimal resource allocation in a dynamic and stochastic environment: a mathematical programming approach, 1995.
- Michael Ricard, Optimization of queueing networks: a linear control approach, 1995.
- Joe Milner, A market approach to airtraffic control, 1995.
- Andrew Luo, Continuous linear programming: Theory, algorithms and applications, 1995.
- Chung Piaw Teo, Constructing approximation algorithms via linear programming relaxations: primal dual and randomized rounding techniques, 1996 (honorable mention in Nicholson competition of INFORMS, 1996).
- John Paschalidis, Large deviations in high speed communication networks, 1996 (2nd prize in Nicholson competition of INFORMS, 1997).
- Sarah Stock, Stochastic and dynamic models for airtraffic flow management, 1997 (1st prize in Transportation Dissertation of INFORMS, 1997, 2nd prize in Dantzig award, 1997).
- David Gamarnik, Stability and performance of multiclass queueing networks, 1997.
- Thalia Chryssikou, Multiperiod portfolio optimization in the presence of transaction costs, 1998.
- Ioana Popescu, Applications of optimization in probability, finance and revenue management, 1999, (honorable mention in Nicholson competition of INFORMS, 1999).
- Jay Sethuraman, A stochastic control approach for multiclass queueing networks, 1999 (honorable mention in Nicholson competition of INFORMS, 2000).
- Leon Hsu, The bottleneck phenomenon in transportation systems, 1999.
- Ramazan Demir, Approximate dynamic programming for integer programming problems, 2000.
- Dessi Pachamanova, A robust optimization approach to finance, 2002.
- Sanne de Boer, Pricing and revenue management in a netwrok environment, 2003 (2nd prize in Nicholson competition of INFORMS, 2003).
- Adam Mersereau, Adaptive and dynamic models in marketing, 2003.
- Romy Shioda, An Integer programming approach to data mining, 2003.
- Natasha Bushueva, Finance without price dynamics, 2003.
- Jeff Hawkins, A Lagrangean decomposition method for dynamic optimization and its applications, 2003.
- Karthik Natarajan, Probabilistic Combinatorial Optimization: Moments, Semidefinite Programming and Asymptotic Bounds, (Honorable mention in Nicholson competition of INFORMS, 2003), Singapore-MIT-Alliance, 2004.
- Melvyn Sim, Robust optimization, 2004 (2nd prize in Nicholson competition of INFORMS, 2002 and 2nd prize in Nicholson competition of INFORMS, 2004), 2004.
- Aurelie Thiele, A robust optimization approach to supply chains and revenue management, (1st prize in Nicholson competition of INFORMS, 2003), 2004.
- Michele Aghassi, Robust optimization, game theory and variational inequalities, 2005.
- David Brown, Risk and robust optimization, 2006 (2nd prize in Nicholson competition of INFORMS, 2005).
- Constantine Caramanis, Adaptive optimization, 2006.
- Kwong Meng Teo, Nonconvex robust Optimization, 2007.
- David Czerwinski, Assessing quality of health care, 2008.
- Premal Shah, Analysis of employee stock options and guaranteed withdrawal benefits for life ,2008.
- Margret Bjarnadottir, A data driven approach to health care: applications using claims data, 2008.
- Dmitriy Katz-Rogozhnikov, Algorithmic issues in queueing systems and combinatorial counting problems, 2008.
- Apostolos Fertis, A robust optimization appraoch to stastical estimation problems, 2009.
- Xuan Vinh Doan, Optimization under moment, robust, and data-driven models of uncertainty, 2009.
- Dan Iancu, Multi-stage adjustable robust optimization, with applications in inventory and revenue management, 2010 (1st prize in student paper competition in Optimization Section of INFORMS, 2009).
- Adrian Becker, Decomposition methods for large scale stochastic and robust optimization problems, 2011.
- Xu Sun, Advances in electric power systems: robustness, adaptability, and fairness, 2011 (2nd prize in George B. Dantzig Dissertation Award, 2011).
- Alex Rikun, Applications of robust optimization to queueing and inventory systems, 2011.
- Nikolaos Trichakis, Fairness in operations: from theory to practice, 2011.
- Allison An Chang, Integer optimization methods for machine learning, 2012.
- Shubham Gupta, A tractable optimization framework for air traffic flow management addressing fairness, collaboration and stochasticity, 2012.
- Michael Joseph Frankovich, Air traffic flow management at airports: A unified optimization approach, 2012.
- Chaithanya Bandi, Tractable stochastic analysis in high dimensions via robust optimization, 2013.
- Allison O'Hair, Personalized diabetes management, 2013.
- Eugene Perevalov, 2000-2001, now Associate Professor at Lehigh University.
- Omid Nohadani, 2006-2009, now Assistant Professor at Purdue University.
- Vineet Goyal, 2008-2010, now Assistant Professor at Columbia University.
- Christopher Maes, 2010-2012, now at Gurobi, Inc.
- Phillip Chervi, A computational approach to probabilistic routing problems, 1989.
- Meng-Huai Chen, Optimal cash allocation in bank branches, 1991.
- Michael Ricard, Algorithms for the 0-1 integer programming problem, 1991.
- John Paschalidis, Bounds for multiclass queueing networks, 1992.
- Angela Chiu, Stochastic inventory and distribution problems, 1993.
- Elaine Chew, Multiperiod portfolio optimization: Feynmann diagrams and approximat dynamic programming, 1998.
- Ed Wike, Supply chain management: an approximate dynamic programming approach, 1998.
- Constantine Tsiligakis, Portfolio construction through mixed integer programming, 1999.
- Mark Coumeri, Pricing in a competitive environment: a learning approach, 2000.
- Zhang Yi, A discrete optimization approach to classification (MIT-Singapore alliance), 2001.
- Constantine Caramanis, Bounds on linear partial differentail equations via semidefinite optimization, 2001.
- Romy Shioda, Restaurant Revenue Management, June 2002.
- Cheong Foong Soon, Hedging Strategy and Effect of Transaction Costs for American Options in an Incomplete Market, Singapore-MIT-Alliance, 2002.
- Premal Shah, Optimal bounds for American options, 2006.
- Su Hua, A robust optimization approach to optimization of queueing networks, 2006.
- Yun Lu, A robust optimization approach to network equilibrium, 2007.
- Clay Noyes, Optimizing the operations of the emergency department at the Beth Israel Hospital via simulation, 2008.
- Si Chen, Robust Option Pricing - An epsilon arbitrage approach, 2009.
- Kimberly Shenk, Patterns of heart attacks, 2010.
- Jingting Zhou, Computational experiments for local search algorithms for binary and mixed integer optimization, 2010.
- Van Vinh Nguyen, Fairness and optimality in trading, 2010.
- Thai Dung Nguyen, Application of robust and inverse optimization in transportation, 2010.
- Liwei He, Polynomial policies in supply chain networks, 2010.