This page last updated Sun Dec 12 2004 .
Pick six types of dangerous energy that might conceivably destroy a delicate crystal.
Zap the crystal with ever-increasing amounts of it, making Pre of Mind rolls with appropriate skill. You want to get first one success, then two, then three, and so on, up to six. You can use your skill to either add to your dice or subtract from them.
If you don't make one of the rolls on the way up to six, this energy isn't useful data. If you don't make the six-successes roll, you may have damaged the crystal. Let us know if this happens, and what you got.
Once you have your six energy types, make a data crunching roll. This is a Pre of Mind roll using psionic theory and research; you want, again, six successes, and if you fail this roll, you can try again in N days when you failed by N. However, if you fail this roll, you must discard one of your Dangerous Energy data sets and replace it with a new one.
Note that you can use less than all your dice, say when you're trying to get low #'s of successes.
(If you have other energies, that's okay; it doesn't have to explicitly be these six...)
- Plasma - done! by Ace 12/5/03, using his plasma blaster
- Blaster file - done! by Ace 12/8/03
- Electricity [Electrical Engineering] - done! by Sophia 3/13/04
- Time-space damage [Physics] - done! by Sophia 3/13/04 (up to 7 successes!)
- Nuclear Chemistry [Chemistry] - done! by Sophia
- Neutrinos - done! by Sophia
Sonics [Sonic Engineering]- no good - crystal destroyed
Gravitics [Gravitics]- no good - the (sigh) first roll got missed
Data analysis: done! by Sophia
Pick six different Weird Circumstances or Powers to try and store. (This likely uses up blank crystals.
People who are validly using psi need to make 6 successes using their talent. People who are trying to do things with no dice need to make 6 successes on a Str of Mind roll (but they can use skill in the psi talent, and half of their psionic theory).
Once you have your six energy types, make a data crunching roll. This is a Pre of Mind roll using psionic theory and research; you want, again, six successes, and if you fail this roll, you can try again in N days when you failed by N. However, if you fail this roll, you must discard one of your Weird Circumstances and replace it with a new one.
- See how it reacts to talents run through a Gathering. - done! Katya & Kith
- See how it reacts to a psi talent run off the wrong stat (e.g. using fortune dice or off-stat dice to power a talent that normally runs on a specific stat (some psi powers naturally swing both ways, like some of Jayla's things; others, like a lot of my TK, are pretty much always on the same stat). - done! Katya (7 successes)
- See how it reacts to someone who's not a psi trying to do something psi. - done! Sophia/Katya (6 successes)
- See how a blank crystal reacts to someone using a fortune based psi talent with it. - done! Maury (6 successes)
- Expose a blank crystal to Power Projection Katya (6 successes)
- See how it reacts to a psi talent being countered by other psi talent (e.g. someone trying to sense through a shield). Katya (6 successes)
- See how it reacts to someone trying to use power while in a psi suppression field that squishes their power completely.
- See how it reacts to a psi talent run off of other people's dice (i.e. gathering by mirris)
See how is reacts to two opposing talents at once.- failed.
Data analysis: done by Eva
Power project all three normal substats at once, splitting dice 3 ways, into a crystal to see what it does. Done, by Katya (resulting in that crystal being hers)
You can make one roll per week. You need five 13's, cumulative; you can use materials engineering and psionic engineering, but the materials engineering levels cap at the maximum amount of psionic engineering you have. Other people can help with the rolls; their other skills also cap at their psionic engineering skill, and for each success they get on the helping roll, you get +1 skill on yours.
For each week in which you get a success without having failed in the previous week, you get one ep to add to one of the three tech stats on the device (starting from 0 0 0), keeping in mind also the time cap on tech:
This is one level faster because of the group shtick.
You can keep going with rolls to add points after you've gotten your five successes if you want.
The final mechanic for duplicating a crystal will be put together based on the stats; there may be various sorts of caps on successes, etc.
Week 61: 1 success (Ruehan)