Use Interlingua to represent products or services, or service terms & conditions of product, e.g., in catalog or during negotation.
- E.g., business process to return an item for repair, or to deliver an order.
Executable specification; situated / procedural attachments is esp. useful.
Partially-specified / template, esp. during process of negotiation.
Complement XML ontologies already evolving for various domains.
- Ontology = formally-represented vocabulary / definitions
Configure automated auction mechanisms, based on contract templates.
- which goods, which attributes (e.g., price, delivery-date) are at issue.
In collaboration with: EECOMS and
- Prof. Mike Wellman and PhD student Dan Reeves of U. Michigan (Ann Arbor), as IBM-funded University Partnership project started 1/99.
- Mike leads AuctionBot, a major existing automated Internet service.