I'm a fifth year Ph.D. student at MIT advised by Tamara Broderick. Previously, I was at Brown University for my undergraduate and worked for a year at Vision Systems, Inc. in Providence, RI.
Coming Soon Publications
- Approximate cross-validation with low-rank data in high dimensions.
W. T. Stephenson, M. Udell, and T. Broderick. Preprint on arXiv (accepted to NeurIPS). 2020.
- Approximate cross-validation for structured models.
S. Ghosh*, W. T. Stephenson*, T. D. Nguyen, S. K. Deshpande, and T. Broderick. Preprint on arXiv (accepted to NeurIPS). 2020.
- Reconstructing probabilistic trees of cellular differentiation from single-cell RNA-seq data.
M. Shiffman, W. T. Stephenson, G. Schiebinger, J. Huggins, T. Campbell, and T. Broderick. Preprint on arXiv. 2018.
- Approximate cross-validation in high dimensions with guarantees.
W. Stephenson and T. Broderick. AISTATS. 2020.
- A Swiss army infinitesimal jackknife.
R. Giordano, W. T. Stephenson, R. Liu, M. I. Jordan, and T. Broderick. AISTATS. 2019.
(Notable paper award) Paper
- Sensitivity of Bayesian inference to data perturbations.
L. Masoero*, W. T. Stephenson* and T. Broderick. Symposium on Advances in Approximate Bayesian Inference. 2018.
- Understanding covariance estimates in expectation propagation.
W. T. Stephenson and T. Broderick. NIPS 2016 Workshop on Advances in Approximate Bayesian Inference. 2016.
- Scalable adaptation of state complexity for nonparametric hidden Markov models.
M. Hughes, W. T. Stephenson, and E. Sudderth. NIPS. 2015.