I'm a third-year graduate student working with Tamara Broderick on computational statistics, in particular scalable Bayesian inference. In the past, I was an undergraduate student at Princeton University ORFE, working with Samory Kpotufe on PAC-Bayes, and with Amir Ali Ahmadi on sum-of-squares optimization.
- PAC-Bayes Tree: weighted subtrees with guarantees.
Tin D. Nguyen, Samory Kpotufe.
- Approximate cross-validation for structured models.
Soumya Ghosh*, William T. Stephenson*, Tin D. Nguyen, Sameer K. Deshpande, Tamara Broderick.
*First authors. NeurIPS 2020.
- Independent finite approximations for Bayesian nonparametric inference: construction, error bounds, and practical implications.
Tin D. Nguyen, Jonathan Huggins, Lorenzo Masoero, Lester Mackey, Tamara Broderick.
In preparation. Progress presented at BAYSM:O 2020.
- Optimal transport couplings of Gibbs samplers on partitions for unbiased estimation.
Tin D. Nguyen*, Brian L. Trippe*, Tamara Broderick.
*First authors. Accepted to AABI 2020.
- Measuring the sensitivity of Gaussian processes to kernel choice.
William T. Stephenson, Soumya Ghosh, Tin D. Nguyen, Mikhail Yurochkin, Sameer K. Deshpande, Tamara Broderick.