City of Los Angeles
High School Math Proficiency Exam
- 1. Johnny has an AK-47 with an 80-round clip. If he misses 6
out of 10 shots and shoots 13 times at each drive-by shooting,
how many drive-by shootings can he attempt before he has to
- 2. Jose has 2 ounces of cocaine and he sells an 8-ball to Jackson
for $320 and 2 grams to Billy for $85 per gram. What is the
street value of the balance of the cocaine if he doesn't cut it?
- 3. Rufus is pimping for three girls. If the price is $65 for each
trick, how many tricks will each girl have to turn so Rufus can
pay for his $800-per-day crack habit?
- 4. Jarone wants to cut his 1/2 pound of heroin to make 20% more
profit. How many ounces of cut will he need?
- 5. Willie gets $200 for stealing a BMW, $50 for a Chevy, and $100
for a 4X4. If he has stolen 2 BMWs and 3 4X4s, how many Chevies
will he have to steal to make $800?
- 6. Raoul is in prison for 6 years for murder. He got $10,000 for
the hit. If his common law wife is spending $100 per month, how
much money will be left when he gets out of prison and how many
years will he get for killing the bitch that spent his money?
- 7. If the average spray can covers 22 square feet and the average
letter is 3 square feet, how many letters can a tagger spray
with 3 cans of paint?
- 8. Hector knocked up 6 girls in his gang. There are 27 girls in
the gang. What percentage of the girls in the gang has Hector