1. Military Intelligence can be a contradiction in terms.
2. Recoilless rifles - aren't.
3. A sucking chest wound is nature's way of telling you to slow down.
4. The enemy diversion you are ignoring is the main attack.
5. If the enemy is within range, then so are you.
6. Friendly fire - isn't.
7. If it is stupid and works, then it isn't stupid.
8. When you have secured an area, don't forget to tell the enemy.
9. If you are short of everything, except the enemy, then you are in the combat zone.
10. Try to look unimportant. They may be low on ammo.
11. The easy way is always mined.
12. Tracers work both ways.
13. Incoming fire has the right of way.
14. Teamwork is essential. It gives them other people to shoot at.
15. Never draw fire - it irritates everyone around you.
16. No combat ready unit ever passed inspection.
17. No inspection ready unit ever passed combat.
18. Make it too tough for the enemy to get in, and you can't get out.
19. Both sides are convinced they're about to lose, they're both right.
20. Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of dangerous amateurs.
21. Fortify your front and you'll get your rear shot up.
22. When in doubt, empty your magazine.
23. In war, important things are very simple and all simple things are hard.
24. Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire.
25. Communications will fail as soon as you need fire support desperately.
26. Weather ain't neutral.
27. Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
28. If you can't remember, the claymore is pointed towards you.
29. Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you.
30. All five second grenade fuses are three seconds.
31. The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire in incoming friendly.
32. If your attack is going real well, it's an ambush.
33. If it flies it dies.
34. When you are forward of your position, the artillery will always be short.
35. Suppressive fire- won't.
36. You are not Superman.
37. Cavalry doesn't always come to the rescue.
38. B-52s are not the ultimate in close air support.
39. Sniper's motto: Reach out and touch someone.
40. Peace is our profession - mass murder is just a hobby.
41. Killing for peace is like whoring for virginity.
42. There's always a way.
43. It's not the one with you name on it - it's the round addressed "to whom it may concern" ya gotta worry about.
44. Remember, Napalm is an area weapon.
45. Smart bombs have bad days, too.
46. Mines are equal opportunity weapons.
47. There is no such thing as the perfect plan.