I completed my Ph.D. at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology working with Professor Anantha Chandrakasan in the Digital Integrated Circuits & Systems Group. I also received the B.A.Sc. degree in Engineering Science from the University of Toronto in 2007 and the M.S. degree from MIT in 2009. My research interests lie in the areas of low power, digitally-assisted analog front-ends, ADCs, and signal processing circuits for medical applications. I was a part of the Platforms for Ultra-Low-Power Biomedical Electronics project.
- M. Yip, R. Jin, H.H. Nakajima, K.M. Stankovic, and A.P. Chandrakasan, "A Fully-Implantable Cochlear Implant SoC with Piezoelectric Middle Ear Sensor and Energy-Efficient Stimulation in 0.18 um HVCMOS," IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC), San Francisco, CA, Feb. 2014, pp. 312-313.
- M. Yip, J.L. Bohorquez, and A.P. Chandrakasan, "A 0.6V 2.9μW Mixed-Signal Front-End for ECG Monitoring," in Proc. IEEE Symp. on VLSI Circuits (VLSIC), Honolulu, HI, Jun. 2012, pp. 66-67. [PDF]
- M. Yip and A.P. Chandrakasan, "A Resolution-Reconfigurable 5-to-10b 0.4V-to-1V Power Scalable SAR ADC," IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC), San Francisco, CA, Feb. 2011, pp. 190-191. [PDF]
- J.L. Bohorquez, M. Yip, A.P. Chandrakasan, and J.L. Dawson, "A Digitally-Assisted Sensor Interface for Biomedical Applications," in Proc. IEEE Symp. on VLSI Circuits (VLSIC), Honolulu, HI, Jun. 2010, pp. 217-218. [PDF]
- M. Yip, D.D. He, E. Winokur, A. Gaudreau-Balderrama, R. Sheridan, and H. Ma, "A Flexible Pressure Monitoring System for Pressure Ulcer Prevention," in Proc. IEEE Engineering in Medicine & Biology Society Conference (EMBC), Minneapolis, MN, Sep. 2009, pp. 1212-1215. (Awarded 2nd place, student paper competition) [PDF]
- M. Yip and A.P. Chandrakasan, "A Resolution-Reconfigurable 5-to-10-Bit 0.4-to-1 V Power Scalable SAR ADC for Sensor Applications," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 1453-1464, Jun. 2013. [PDF]
- M.E. Sinangil, M. Yip, M. Qazi, R. Rithe, J. Kwong, and A.P. Chandrakasan, "Design of Low-Voltage Digital Building Blocks and ADCs for Energy-Efficient Systems," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-II: Express Briefs, vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 533-537, Sep. 2012. [PDF]
- J.L. Bohorquez, M. Yip, A.P. Chandrakasan, and J.L. Dawson, "A Biomedical Sensor Interface with a sinc Filter and Interference Cancellation," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 746-756, Apr. 2011. [PDF]
- Marcus Yip, "Ultra-low-power Circuits and Systems for Wearable and Implantable Medical Devices," Ph.D. Thesis, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, September 2013.
- Marcus Yip, "A Highly Digital, Reconfigurable and Voltage Scalable SAR ADC," M.S. Thesis, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, June 2009.
- Marcus Yip, "Design and Simulation of a 40-Gb/s Decimator for a 2-GHz Band-Pass Delta-Sigma ADC," B.A.Sc. Thesis, Division of Engineering Science, University of Toronto, April 2007.
- 6.374 - Analysis and Design of Digital Integrated Circuits - Teaching Assistant, Fall 2010
- MIT Teaching & Learning Lab - Graduate Student Teaching Certificate Program, Spring 2010
Selected Classes @ MIT
- 6.374 - Analysis and Design of Digital Integrated Circuits - Project: An Adaptive Supply Voltage and Body Bias Circuit for Energy Minimization in Digital Circuits
- 6.376 - Low Power Analog VLSI - Project: An Adaptive RF Link for Implantable Biomedical Devices
- 6.775 - Design of Analog MOS Circuits - Project: A Highly Digital, 5-bit SAR ADC with Programmable Threshold Comparator
- 6.971 - Biomedical Devices Design Laboratory - Project: A Flexible Pressure Monitoring System for Pressure Ulcer Prevention
- HST.714 - Acoustics of Speech and Hearing
Selected Classes @ University of Toronto
- ECE316 - Analog and Digital Communication Systems
- ECE350 - Physical Electronics
- ECE351 - Probability and Random Processes
- ECE355 - Signal Analysis and Communication
- ECE356 - Linear Systems and Control
- ECE357 - Electromagnetic Fields
- ECE422 - Radio and Microwave Wireless Systems
- ECE431 - Digital Signal Processing
- ECE451 - VLSI Systems and Design
- ECE512 - Analog Signal Processing Circuits
- ECE524 - Microwave Circuits
- ECE530 - Analog Integrated Circuits
- ECE534 - Integrated Circuit Engineering
E-mail: yipm at alum dot mit dot edu
[Return to Top]
Last updated March 2, 2014.