Department of Information Systems and Operations Management
Email: lix [AT] hec.fr
Office Phone: +33 (0)1 39 67 72 28
Batiment V, 2eme etage, Bureau 207
1 rue de la Liberation
78351 Jouy-en-Josas, France
Click here to download my CV.
My research interests include the economic and social impacts of using online data/information, and innovative technologies of using online data and services.
My research works have appeared, or are forthcoming, in
Information Systems Research,
Journal of Management Information Systems,
ACM Transactions on Internet Technology,
ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing Communications and Applications,
IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering,
IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, IEEE Communications Magazine,
PLOS ONE, and other leading journals and conference proceedings (e.g., ICIS, HICSS)
I hold a Ph.D. in Management (specialized in Information Technologies) from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA and a Ph.D. in Engineering from Tsinghua University, China.
- The paper titled "Herding and Social Media Word-of-Mouth: Evidence from Groupon" (with Lynn Wu) has been accepted for publication in
- The paper titled "Impact of Average Rating on Social Media Endorsement: The Moderating
Role of Rating Dispersion and Discount Threshold" (solo-author) has been accepted for publication in
Information Systems Research.
- The paper titled "Analyzing Degree of Parallelism for Concurrent Timed Workflow Processes with Shared Resources" (with Yanhua Du, Li Wang) has been accepted for publication in
IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management.
- The paper titled "Could Deal Promotion Improve Merchants' Online Reputations? The Moderating Role of Prior Reviews" (solo-author) has been accepted for publication in
Journal of Management Information Systems.
Partial citations of my papers at My entry at
Honors, Awards & Grants
- OCIS Best Paper Award Finalist at Academy of Management Meeting 2017
- Funding granted by HEC Leadership Center, 01/2015 - 12/2016
- Funding granted by LABEX ECODEC Axe 5 "New Challenges for New Data", 01/2015 - 12/2015
- Selected to attend the ICIS Doctoral Consortium, 2013
- Best Paper Award at the 46th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences
(HICSS) in Internet and the Digital Economy Track, 2013
- MIT Sloan Ph.D. fellowships, 2009-2014
- Xitong Li, Joern Grahl, Oliver Hinz. "How Do Recommender Systems Lead to Consumer Purchases? A Mediation Analysis of a Field Experiment", under review.
- Xitong Li, Hongwei Zhu, Luo Zuo. "The Impact of XBRL Mandate on Text Readability of Financial Reports", under review.
- Nina Huang, Jiayin Zhang, Gordon Burtch, Xitong Li, Peiyu Chen. "Combating Procrastination on MOOCs via Optimal Calls to Action: Evidence from a Randomized Field Experiment", under review.
- Jianfeng Guo, Xitong Li, Fu Gu, Jiannan Zhu. "A Self-Learning Approach to Building Domain-Specific Lexicon in Opinion Mining", under review.
- Yanhua Du, Li Wang, Gege Mu, Xitong Li. "Dynamic Monitoring of Service Outsourcing for Timed Workflow Processes", under review.
- Emory University, August 2017
- Nanyang Technological University, October 2013
- Chinese University of Hong Kong, October 2013
- Journal ReviewLate updated: February 9, 2018.
- Management Science
- MIQ Quarterly (MISQ)
- Information Systems Research (ISR)
- Journal of Management Information Systems(JMIS)
- ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (ACM TOIT)
- ACM Journal of Data and Information Quality (JDIQ)
- World Wide Web Journal (WWWJ)
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part A (SMCA)
- IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering (T-ASE)
- IEEE Transactions on Service Computing (TSC)
- IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing (TETC)
- IEEE Intelligent Systems
- Decision Support Systems (DSS)
- Journal of Electronic Commerce Research (JECR)
- Information Sciences (INS)
- Information Systems Frontiers (ISF)
- Journal on Data Semantics (JODS)
- Enterprise Information Systems (EIS)
- Journal of Systems and Software (JSS)
- Service Oriented Computing and Applications (SOCA)
font: normal 1.1em "Lucida Sans Unicode",serif;
background: url(img/quote.gif) no-repeat;
Eget feugiat est leo tempor quam. Ut quis neque convallis
magna consequat molestie.