I am a first year Ph.D student in the Machine Learning Group at CSAIL under the MIT Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) programme. I am advised by Prof. Stefanie Jegelka. My research mainly focuses on building robust and generalizable machine learning systems with minimal supervision. I enjoy working on Out-of-Distribution (OOD) generalization, causal inference, federated learning, self supervised learning and representation learning
Thank you for taking time out of your day to find out what I do with mine!
- [06/2022] Our work on Minimizing Client Drift in Federated Learning via Adaptive Bias Estimation got accepted at European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), 2022
- [04/2022] Admitted to the doctoral program in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS)
Machine Learning Group, Prof. Stefanie Jegelka
September 2022 - Present
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Bachelor and Masters of Technology
Mathematics and Computing Engineering, GPA: 9.676/10.0
July 2017 - July 2022
GMSSS Sector 19
Senior Secondary School
July 2015 - May 2017
Sharut Gupta, Kartik Ahuja, Mohammad Havaei, Niladri Chatterjee, Yoshua Bengio
Farshid Varno, Laya Rafiee, Sharut Gupta, Stan Matwin, Mohammad Havaei
European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), 2022
Sharut Gupta, Praveer Singh, Ken Chang, Liangqiong Qu et al.
Code | |
Sharut Gupta, Praveer Singh, Ken Chang, Mehak Aggrawal et al.
NeurIPS: Machine Learning for Health (Spotlight), 2020
Video | Code| |
Creative CodingDisclaimer: I’m a novice to generative art, and I’m still finding my feet. But I think I’m learning and having fun. In case you find something cool and interesting, or are looking forward to collaborating, please feel free to get in touch with me! It would really mean a lot :)
A complete set of my artwork can be found at the Art Gallery
Here are a few of my attempts at generative art using p5js.
3D Rendered Ping-Pong Game
IIT Delhi - Computer VisionProject Partner: Harkirat Singh Dhanoa
- Using multiple views of chessboard, estimated the camera caliberation matrix.
- Rendered a 3D augmented reality object (ball and animals) over the chessboard
- Used video input from webcam, two visual markers as paddles reflecting the ball off the plane using laws of reflection
October 2019 - November 2019
CovidNet: Segmenting COVID-19 abnormalities
QTIM Lab - Deep Learning
- Developed a CT segmentation algorithm that estimates the extent of abnormality in chest CTs from COVID-19 patients
- Achieved a dice score of 0.71 on the test set with Intra-Class Correlation and Spearman coefficient as 0.99 and 0.98
March 2020 - March 2020
My Exam Scribe
International Women’s Hackathon - Software DevelopmentProject Partner: Sakshi Taparia
- Built a mobile application on top of the Google Assistant using Dialogflow, Webhook and Firebase Cloud Database
- Enabled visually impaired to write exams without the use of human scribes by reading questions and storing answers
March 2019 - May 2019
Awards and Achievements
- Sinha Presidential Fellowship:Awarded to ~100 most outstanding students worldwide to pursue graduate studies at MIT
- Prof. D.S. Varma Award:for obtaining highest CGPA amongst all graduating UG female students at IIT Delhi.
- Suman Upma Gupta Memorial Award:for obtaining highest CGPA amongst all UG/PG graduating female students at IIT Delhi.
- Suyash Chandra Memorial Awardfor the best undergraduate project among all graduating student in 5-year Dual-Degree in Mathematics and Computing, IIT Delhi.
- Department Rank:Ranked second in the department of Mathematics and Computing Engineering, IIT Delhi - 2017 entry students
- Institute Merit Award:Awarded for consistently being in top 2 academic performers in the department and in top 7% in the institute for four semesters
- Research and Innovative Project Award:Awarded first prize for the best ongoing Research and Innovative Project by IIT Delhi Alumni Association at the Open House 2019
- Quadeye Excellence Scholarship:Awarded the Quadeye Excellence Scholarship 2021 for demonstrating extraordinary skills in aptitude and strong academic background
- Microsoft - Codess:Selected in Microsoft’s coding community for women, Microsoft - Codess after clearing rigorous coding challenges and a hackathon on sustainability
- Joint Entrance Examination Mains:Secured an All India Rank AIR-424 amongst 1.7 million candidates appearing in the Joint Entrance Examination Mains (JEE-Mains) 2017
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Fellowship:Awarded with the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) fellowship by IISc for exceptional aptitude in Science
- Indian National Mathematics Olympiad:Amongst top 800 students who qualified for Indian National Mathematics Olympiad after bagging 34th rank in Regional Mathematics Olympiad (RMO)
- Class XII National Standing:Awarded for being in nationwide top 1% of the students in Mathematics and Chemistry examinations in CBSE XII
- National Level Science Talent Search Examination:Secured an All India Rank AIR-34 in The National Level Science Talent Search Examination amongst 0.2 million students across the country
Social Engagements & Leadership
Board for Student Welfare (BSW), IIT Delhi
Deputy General Secretary, Mentorship
End Term Tenure Report:
- Initialised an auxiliary program to tackle crucial issues of substance abuse, intellectual plagiarism and language issues
- Co-established the Office of Accessible Education (OAE) providing special assistance for the disabled community
- Founded research mentorship and journal club at IITD which is dedicated towards fostering student research
May 2020 - July 2021
Initiative for Gender Equity and Sensitisation (IGES), IIT Delhi
Core Team Member
- Co-organized workshops and film screenings to build critical perspectives on deep-rooted social issues that cause multiple forms of inequalities.
- Encouraging dialogues with various stakeholders to understand the barriers that limit women, people of marginalized gender identities, and underrepresented minority groups.
- Organized Panel Discussion on 'Making a space of one's own in IIT Delhi and beyond' on the occasion of International Women's Day
May 2020 - July 2021
National Baseball/Softball Championship
- Served as the captain of the state team and won laurels (Silver and Bronze) at completing against 26 state teams at the national championship
- Got selected as the Captain of the Indian National Team to complete at International Baseball Championship, Australia
May 2014 - July 2016