6.8 The Rainbow
This puzzle included an interactive component, the details of which appear below.
The Tin Man's new heart was big enough to love all sorts of people...
Note from Professor Emit
The archivist in charge of this puzzle is also apparently chair of the MIT Mystery Hunt Diversity Awareness Board. He's already solved the puzzle, but is refusing to give up the answer until we can provide a show of diversity. I need you to assemble a diverse group of people satisfying the following:
- Team size is the number of people on your team, excluding remote solvers
- X is the required number of people to be in your diverse group
- Y is the required number of properties to be select from the list below
- Z is the minimum required value for the following expression:
the sum of the values for the selected properties / (X * Y)
The available properties are:
- number of different heights, to the nearest inch, represented in the group
- number of different weights, rounded up to the nearest multiple of ten pounds, represented in the group
- number of different shoe sizes represented in the group
- number of different ages, in years, represented in the group
- number of different months represented in the birthdays of the members of the group
- number of different ending digits in the street addresses represented in the group
- number of different middle initials (absence of a middle name counts towards this total once; people with multiple middle initials pick only one) represented in the group
- number of different surname lengths, in letters, represented in the group
- number of different languages spoken by members of the group (maximum of one language per member)
Contact my lab when you're ready.