M Puzzle: That Mixer
by the Acme Party Committee
"That Mixer" is, of course, an anagram for "The Matrix".
The party consists 5 activity stations, one behind a curtain/screen.
The activities are as follows:
- Stacking oreos
- Teams get two minutes to stack oreos. Team with the highest tower wins.
Backwards spelling bee
- Three minute Boggle game. Team with the highest score wins.
"Big Dumb Five"
- Standard spelling bee format. First person to miss and have opponent spell that word correctly (plus one additional word) wins.
- Play with at least three other people representing at least 2 teams.
- Each player gets 5 poker chips and can wager any amount of them on each hand. The person showing the highest number of chips that is not duplicated by another player takes all chips.
- First person to 20 wins victory for his/her team.
- This is the real puzzle. Teams are not eligible to play unless they have prizes from all 4 other games. They can accomplish this by winning all 4 games or by partnering with other teams.
- 5 x 5 grid of "memory" picture cards. Only 1 team plays at a time. Play continues until all cards are matched up except the red-and-yellow slice of pizza, which is the answer for the round. Teams get a parting "prize" of a card bearing the pizza icon.
National Spelling Bee word list
Memory Game or homemade facsimile
60 cards representing Boggle, Oreos, Spelling, Big Dumb Five
30 cards with pizza slices on them