Meta-puzzle for Round 2 (M2)
by Marc Moskowitz and Denis Moskowitz
Yesterday the boss went to the theatre. You ask around, and eventually the guy in the cloakroom nods and says, "Hey, yeah, I remember him. Big tipper. Forgot to pick this book up when he left--sort of a scrapbook." You open it; mostly it's meaningless old photos of vacations and such, but there's one page with the following on it:
Some puzzles have been paper-clipped to the page.
The answers are:
This is a visual/object metapuzzle in the form of a pic-tac-toe:
- an actual slice of chocolate orange
- this picture of 1940s boxes
- the flag of Kyrgyzstan
- a red-and-yellow slice of pizza
- this picture of a sign
- a B-flat eighth note
- a six-petalled red-and-yellow flower
- This picture of the Neil Armstrong hack (found at http://hacks.mit.edu/Hacks/by_year/1999/moon_landing/Neil_armstrong_on_dome_medium.jpg)
The elements are: food, trilateral symmetry, flags; red/yellow, sphere pieces, letter-words; K's, eighths. The middle element is an eighth, sphere piece, trilaterally symmetric starting with K. The answer is KRESGE.