M Puzzle: Auditorium
by Marc Moskowitz
All of the displays are displaying a (correct), track number and seconds count. They are also displaying a scrolling artist and album name, of which only a few pixels can be seen at a time. The pixels that are active for each display spell out a roman numeral. The artist and album, together with the, track, indicate a specific song. Every song is addressed to a specific non-fictional person.
Taking the letter out of the person's surname indicated by the roman numeral gives the message NATURE BOY TUNE ORIGINAL LANGUAGE. The tune of "Nature Boy" is taken from an old Yiddish song, and the answer is YIDDISH.
- Derek & the Dominos - Layla, track #13: "Layla"
Addressed to Harrison, Patti Boyd : N
- John Lennon - Imagine, track #8: "How Do You Sleep"
Addressed to McCartney, Paul : A
- Falco - 3, track #1: "Rock Me Amadeus"
Addressed to Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : T
- Toto - IV, track #1: "Rosanna"
Addressed to Arquette, Rosanna : U
- Simon And Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water, track #5: "So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright"
Addressed to Wright, Frank Lloyd : R
- Melissa Etheridge - Breakdown, track #8: "Scarecrow"
Addressed to Shepard, Matthew : E
- Billy Joel - The Stranger, track #3: "Just the Way You Are"
Addressed to Weber, Elizabeth : B
- Indigo Girls - Rites of Passage, track #8: "Virginia Woolf"
Addressed to Woolf, Virginia : O
- Bree Sharp - A Cheap And Evil Girl, track #2: "David Duchovny"
Addressed to Duchovny, David : Y
- Eric Clapton - Unplugged, track #4: "Tears in Heaven"
Addressed to Clapton, Conor : T
- R.E.M. - Automatic for the People, track #10: "Man on the Moon"
Addressed to Kaufman, Andy : U
- Monty Python - Contractual Obligation Album, track #3: "Henry Kissinger"
Addressed to Kissinger, Henry : N
- Dire Straits - On Every Street, track #1: "Calling Elvis"
Addressed to Presley, Elvis : E
- John Lennon - Double Fantasy, track #10: "Woman"
Addressed to Ono, Yoko : O
- English Beat - Just Can't Stop It, track #8: "Stand Down Margaret"
Addressed to Thatcher, Margaret : R
- Leonard Cohen - New Skin for the Old Ceremony, track #2: "Chelsea Hotel #2"
Addressed to Joplin, Janis : I
- U2 - The Unforgettable Fire, track #2: "Pride"
Addressed to King, Martin Luther : G
- Crosby Stills Nash & Young - Deja Vu, track #7: "Our House"
Addressed to Mitchell, Joni : I
- Fleetwood Mac - Rumours, track #5: "Go Your own way"
Addressed to Nicks, Stevie : N
- Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, track #4: "Wish You were here"
Addressed to Barrett, Syd : A
- Tom Waits - Alice, track #1: "Alice"
Addressed to Liddell, Alice : L
- Beatles - 1967-70 Disc 1, track #13: "Hey Jude"
Addressed to Lennon, Julian : L
- Tori Amos - Under The Pink, track #12: "Yes, Anastasia"
Addressed to Romanov, Anastasia : A
- The Bodyguard - Original Soundtrack Album , track #1: "I will always love you"
Addressed to Wagoner, Porter : N
- Buddy Holly - Buddy Holly, track #2: "Peggy Sue"
Addressed to Gerron, Peggy Sue : G
- Pink Floyd - Animals, track #3: "Pigs (Three Different Ones)"
Addressed to Whitehouse, Mary : U
- Sarah Maclachlan - Fumbling Towards Ecstasy, track #1: "Possession"
Addressed to Maclachlan, Sarah : A
- Blues Traveler - Save His Soul, track #3: "Letter from a Friend"
Addressed to Graham, David : G
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, track #2: "Candle in the Wind"
Addressed to Monroe, Marilyn : E
Back to the index