New York City
This puzzle is a scavenger hunt to test your skills at gathering
evidence. Please bring us items that can be described by these
Here are the rules:
- For each object, you will receive 7 points if the object can be
described by one adjective, 20 points if it can be described by two
adjectives, 35 for three, 196 for ten, etc., i.e., (10N+N^2-4) for N.
- You must bring us objects totalling 750 points. If you can find a
object that can be described by 27 of the adjectives (and therefore worth
752 points), you only need to bring us that one object.
- You will get 10 extra points for the
adjectives marked with *s; any such items will be kept
by the judges.
- The standard for each adjective/object is whether or not
the answer to the question "Is that <object> <adjective>?"
would be yes. E.g., if one of the adjectives was "purple"
and you brought us a Barney doll, the question would be "Is
that doll purple?". Interpretation of the question is in the
opinion of the judges although you are welcome to offer
- The teams bringing us (1) the highest point object and
(2) the fewest objects totalling 750 points will each
receive a bonus. If this is the same team, they will get two
- You may only count each adjective once.
- You must bring us actual objects. We will not accept the following:
photographs, drawings or written depictions of objects. Objects must be
portable -- you must actually bring them to us.
- We will not accept: anything created, fabricated or modified for this
scavenger hunt, anything illegal, living animals or anything containing
living animals (including humans).