The NCGA is comprised of 16 member schools broken up into two regions. 

EAST

MIDWEST

Ithaca College

Gustavus Adolphus College

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Hamline University

Rhode Island College

Winona State University **

Springfield College

U of Wisconsin - Eau Claire

SUNY Brockport

U of Wisconsin - La Crosse

SUNY Cortland

U of Wisconsin - Oshkosh

Ursinus College

U of Wisconsin - Stout

Wilson College

U of Wisconsin - Whitewater


** Winona State officially became a member in 2003-2004 after an evaluation by the NCGA executive committee.  They became the first Division II school to be accepted into the NCGA as their gymnastics program is run under the Division III philosophy with no scholarships to their student-atheltes.

Even year Championships are hosted by an EAST school and odd years are hosted by a MIDWEST school. The host will automatically qualify for the Nationals, so the top three teams from the host's region will also qualify. The top three teams from the non-hosting region will also qualify.

Since 2004-2005, team qualification to the NCGA Championships will be based 100% on the Regional Championship results.  The top 3 teams from each region will qualify automatically.  Additionally, 4 all-arounders and 6 events specialists per event from each region will also qualify.  (The individuals will qualify based on the past qualification procedure noted below).  In the event that the host team does not qualify as one of the top 3 teams in the region, then 4 teams will represent the host region and only 3 event specialists per event per region will qualify.  In the case in which the host team is not one of the top three qualifiers, the host team will be added as a full squad and only 3 event specialists per region will advance.

Individual Qualification: The final placement of the individuals is determined by the following formula: National Qualifying Score (NQS) equals Seasonal Average Score (SAS) counting 40% and the result from the regional/conference championship accounting for the other 60% of the final average.

Seasonal Average Score* is determined by averaging the following team scores: 2 AWAY + 2 OPTIONAL (home or away) divided by 4 = SAS. This, in most cases, turns out to be the average of the team's top four scores during the year. * At the 2003 national meeting, the SAS was changed from 1home, 2 away and 1 optional to the current formula to alleviate scheduling conflicts. 

NCGA Home