- Optimization theory and practice, with a focus on nonconvex problems and optimization under uncertainty, and with applications in statistics and healthcare
- Healthcare operations management, especially the clinical impact of improved healthcare delivery systems on patient outcomes
Health care operations
- Development and validation of a machine learning model to aid discharge processes in surgical inpatients
(with K. Safavi, T. Khaniyev, M. Seelen, C. Zenteno Langle, J. Zanger, B. Daily, R. Levi, and P. Dunn),
JAMA Network Open 2(12) (2019).
- Health system innovation: analytics in action
(with M. Hu, R. Levi, K. Safavi, and C. Zenteno Langle),
Tutorials in Operations Research (2019), 238-266.
- Improving operating room efficiency via emergency conversion carts
(with T. Friend, C. Zenteno, W. Levine et al.),
Perioperative Care and Operating Room Management (2017).
- Implementation of the Vocera Communication System in a quaternary perioperative environment
(with T. Friend, S. Jennings, and W. Levine), Journal of Medical Systems 41:6 (2017).
- Data-driven optimization of operating rooms blocks
(with D. Bertsimas, R. Graue, C. McCord, and M. Tandon).
- The Trimmed Lasso: Sparsity and Robustness
(with D. Bertsimas and R. Mazumder).
Optimization and statistics
- Certifiably optimal low rank factor analysis
(with D. Bertsimas and R. Mazumder),
Journal of Machine Learning Research 18(29) (2017), 1-53.
- Characterization of the equivalence of robustification and regularization in linear and matrix regression
(with D. Bertsimas),
European Journal of Operational Research (2017).
Co-Winner of ORC best student paper award 2015
- On structural decompositions of finite frames
(with A.Z.-Y. Chan, S.K. Narayan, L. Stokols, and A. Theobold),
Advances in Computational Mathematics 42(3) (2016), 721-756.
- Factor posets of frames and dual frames in finite dimensions
(with K. Berry, E. Evert, Y.H. Kim, T. Klingler, S.K. Narayan, and S.T. Nghiem),
Involve 9:2 (2016), 237-248.
(Preprint) (Final article)
- Diagram vectors and tight frame scaling in finite dimensions
(with Y.H. Kim, C. Logan, K. Mayfield, S.K. Narayan, M.J. Petro, and J. Sheperd),
Operators and Matrices 8(1) (2014), 78-88.
- Maximum robustness and surgery of frames in finite dimensions
(with Y.H. Kim, C. Logan, K. Mayfield, S.K. Narayan, and J. Sheperd),
Linear Algebra and its Applications 439(5) (2013) 1330-9.
- Sparsity and robustness in modern statistical estimation,
Ph.D. thesis, MIT.
Intellectual property law
- Orphan works and the global interplay of democracy, copyright, and access,
Legal Issues in Global Contexts: Perspectives on Technical Communication in an International Age,
edited by St.Amant and Rife (2014).
Cecilia Zenteno Langle
- Health system innovation: Analytics in action
- INFORMS 2019, Seattle, WA -- October 2019
- Optimizing the bed allocation in hospitals
- INFORMS Healthcare 2019, Cambridge, MA -- July 2019
- POMS 2019, Washington, DC -- May 2019
- The Trimmed Lasso
- INFORMS 2017, Houston, TX -- October 24, 2017
- DRO seminar, Columbia University -- January 26, 2018
- Optimal low rank factor analysis
- INFORMS 2016, Nashville, TN -- November 14, 2016
- SIAM Conference on Optimization, Vancouver, BC -- May 22, 2017
- The role of robustness in modern statistical regression
- ISMP 2015, Pittsburgh, PA -- July 16, 2015
- ORC seminar, MIT -- September 24, 2015
- INFORMS 2015, Philadelphia, PA -- November 1, 2015
- CMStatistics 2015, London -- December 13, 2015