Here are course notes from my classes over the years in college. If you find any typos, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I'd be happy to fix them as soon as I can. Course notes marked in gray are particularly unpolished, sorry! I'll work on those when I can. Notes here are published with the permission of the course staff, but please note that all course content is owned by MIT and its professors, while mistakes should be attributed to me (in transcription or interpretation).
I take notes using Overleaf and my own LaTeX style package (email me for details) -- many thanks to Jason Chen for helping me get started.
I take these notes with the intention of them being a transcript of what is covered during class, plus any additional thoughts that come to me during lecture. I hope this makes the material easy to follow, and it also helps me be a more active learner.
Some of the documents are less clean than others, either because I was still learning to live-TeX early on or because I had trouble following along with the pace of the class while writing down intelligible sentences. Whenever I get a chance, I try to go back to previous semesters' notes, reviewing the material myself and improving the quality.
I'm aware that some people read my notes to pass the biology ASE, as a replacement for going to classes, or in preparation for future coursework. I'm flattered, but please don't blame me if there's something that I'm missing!
- (in preparation for ASE) 8.04: Quantum Physics I [from OCW] (in preparation)
- 8.06: Quantum Physics III (notes)
- 8.251: String Theory for Undergraduates (notes)
- 18.102: Intro to Functional Analysis (notes)
- 18.677: Topics in Stochastic Processes [Prof. Borodin] (notes, my class presentation)
- 6.004: Computation Structures (notes)
- 8.333: Statistical Mechanics I (notes unavailable)
- 18.905: Algebraic Topology I (notes)
- 8.051: Quantum Physics II (notes)
- 18.676: Stochastic Calculus (notes)
- 18.784: Seminar in Number Theory (notes, my CI-M paper)
- 18.721: Intro to Algebraic Geometry (notes)
- 6.036: Intro to Machine Learning (notes)
- 8.033: Relativity (notes)
- 18.112: Functions of a Complex Variable (notes)
- 18.675: Theory of Probability (notes)
- 8.044: Statistical Physics I (notes)
- 18.212: Algebraic Combinatorics (notes)
- 18.218: The Probabilistic Method (notes)
- 18.702: Algebra II (notes)
Winter 2019 (IAP)
- 8.223: Classical Mechanics II (notes)
This page was last updated on January 7, 2022. page visits have occurred since February 20, 2020.