M&D Chemicals Problem
M&D Chemicals is a fictional company supplying soap and detergent
manufacturers. Pages 267-269 of Quantitative Methods for
Business describe the following minimization problem.
- Produce products A and B.
- Combined production of A and B must be at least 350 gallons.
- Must deliver 125 gallons of A to an important client.
- It takes 2 hours processing time to make a gallon of A.
- It takes 1 hour processing time to make a gallon of B.
- There are 600 hours of processing time available this month.
- M&D wants to minimize production costs this month.
- Product A costs $2/gallon to produce.
- Product B costs $3/gallon to produce.
1. Understand the problem.
2. State the objective.
4. Assign decision variables.
5. Write the objective function.
3. State the constraints.
6. Write the constraint inequalities.
7. Write the non-negativity constraints.