MATH 100 Quiz 1
You may use a calculator on this quiz. You may not use a cell phone or
computer. To receive full credit please show your work carefully and
give justifications for your answers. If you find that you are
spending a lot of time on one problem, leave it blank and move on to
Bonus (5 points) Use absolute value and inequality symbols to
write the statement "The distance between x and 5 is less than 2."
- (20 points) Express the interval [-1, 3) in terms of inequalities.
- (20 points) Simplify: (8x12)1/3
- (20 points) What is the value of (-4)2?
- (20 points) Factor completely: 6x2 - 4x
- (20 points) Find the product: (x + 7)(2x + 2)