4. If there is an interval containing a for which f(a) is less than or equal to f(x) for all x in the interval, the value f(a) is one of these.
7. A kind of function whose graph is U-shaped
9. A kind of function whose graph is a straight line
10. The word used to describe functions whose graphs are symmetric about the origin
11. The word used to describe functions whose graphs are symmetric about the y-axis
13. Values of x for which f(x)=0
1. Transformations of this type, like stretches and shrinks, cause a distortion.
2. The collection of ordered pairs (x, f(x)) such that x is in the domain of f
3. Horizontal shifts, vertical shifts and reflections are these sorts of transformations.
5. Points at which the graph intersects the axes
6. The direction that a graph is shifted when you add a constant to y=f(x).
8. A kind of function whose graph is S-shaped
12. The graph of f(x+3) is the same as the graph of f(x) shifted three units in this direction.
Visit Puzzlemaker at DiscoverySchool.com