Office: MIT Building 36-673
Signals, Information, and Algorithms Lab
Email: first-name[AT] mit.edu
I am a PhD candidate at MIT advised by Prof. Gregory Wornell. I also have the good fortune of working with Emina Soljanin from Bell Labs. Previously, I completed a Dual degree (B.Tech+ M.Tech) in Electrical Engineering from IIT Bombay, where I was advised by Prof. Abhay Karandikar.Currently I am developing techniques to use redundancy to reduce delay in the cloud. My favorite tools are probability, queueing, and stochastic processes.
- Feb 2016: Gave invited talk at Graduation Day at ITA 2016 at UCSD
- Dec 2015: Gave invited talk at the IBM Cloud and Data Services Workshop at IBM Research T. J. Watson
- Nov 2015: Gave invited talk at the Rising Stars in EECS workshop, to be held at MIT
- Oct 2015: Invited to present my work on streaming codes at the BIRS Workshop on Mathematical Coding Theory for Streaming
- Jun 2015: Awarded the 2015-16 Claude E. Shannon Research Assistantship at RLE, MIT.
- Feb 2015: Started a new collaboration with Ashish Khisti and Kaveh Mahadaviani from U. of Toronto. Check out our paper at ISIT 2015
- Aug 2014: Gave invited talks at University of California Berkeley, and at Google Mountain View