Joe's SCUBA Page
Open Source Dive Log design - waterproof
SCUBA Bag/Cover Patterns
- I got my
PADI Open Water Certification
with them and most of my equipment.
- really nice shop fairly close to MIT in Newton. They give a discount to MIT SCUBA club members. Say hi to Genevieve!
- The closest Dive shop to MIT.
- The closest Zeagle dealer to MIT in Danvers.
- In Natick - impressive facility.
Amoray Bay Resort
- Trip with Kate and the Slocums to get my
PADI Advanced Open Water Certification.
MIT SCUBA Club
- Variety of info on locations near MIT
Mole Valley SCUBA Club
- Lots of very useful templates/calculators
- good midrange equipment from CA.
- Based in Florida, they make hard core SCUBA stuff.
Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI)
Diver's Alert Network (DAN)
- For when SCUBA diving goes wrong.
Ambient Pressure Diving
Henderson Dive Gear
- They make compact Diving Computers and other fun things.
- Lights, cameras, enclosures.
- Lights and accessories.
- Merino Lined Wet/Dry Suits
- Various SCUBA gear
- Make affordable equipment
- Big Chain in Florida
- Another online store
- Liveaboards is various places.
SCUBA Equipment I have
- 1st/2nd stage Regulator
SCUBAPRO 3 gauge 2 sided console
- Pressure, depth, and compass.
Citizen Promaster Hyper Aqualand
- Diving watch and depth gauge/log. Much more accurate than my console.
Suuto Mosquito Dive Computer
- Cute and Affordable Dive computer slightly larger than a normal man's watch. It even does Nitrox and Decompression Diving.
- Backinflate BCD
Sea Dive Flippers
Atomic Aquatics Split Fin
- Easier on the knees and ankles
SCUBA Do Rag
- Fast-drying head covering for long hair. Slocum swears by em.
- diving skin
SCUBAPro Pacific Sport Steamer 3MM Wetsuit
BARE 7MM Arctic SGS Wetsuit
BARE CD4 Drysuit(W)
- Made of compressed/high density neoprene
Pinnacle Aquatics 7mm Hood
- Merino Wool Lining feels real nice.
Pinnacle Aquatics Neo 4mm Gloves
- More Merino!
Henderson Gripper Zipper Boot
Mares 3MM Neoprene Socks
- Also make great slippers!
Aquarius Dive Flag - Don't get a $50 fine for diving without one. Also, avoid getting shredded by a boat.
Innovative(tm) 6ft Yellow Sea Me Safety Tube
- aka. Safety Sausage
- Frighteningly loud
Seattle Sports Medium Dry Bag
- For putting clothing and electronics in
UK Equipment Hangers
- Don't rust, hold stuff the right way, and don't break from the weight
Ikelite PC Spotlight
Princeton TEC Adventure Pack
Shockwave II 8-C Primary
Impact XL LED 4-AA Backup
Dive Star 2-AAA LED Tank Light
- Huge rolling duffel for putting all this equipment. I don't think they sell them anymore, I got mine at Building 19.
- huge bag for putting gear into and dunking into a rinse tank. Also has a drybag compartment.
NiMH Batteries and Chargers
- Saves a lot of money on the batteries used for lights. Also guarantees a fresh set each time!
- All the tools you tend to use on SCUBA gear in one compact package.
Various Clips, Zip Ties
Kikonos II Underwater 35MM Camera -- my dad's old camera. Still works!
SCUBA Equipment I want
SCUBAPRO AIR 2
- Combo BCD inflater and Octopus
SCUBAPRO UWATEC Smart TEC
- Ari-integrated Wrist Computer
Suunto VyTec Dive Computer
- Multi-gas, wireless gas, compact.
SCUBA Equipment I dream about but shouldn't buy
Ambient Pressure Inspiration Closed Circuit Rebreather
. I want one, but they are expensive and require a lot of training.
Zeagle Ranger LTD BCD
- Ballistic nylon, awww yeah.
Halcyon Helios HID Light
- The power of an ARC lamp in your hand.
VR2 and VR3 Dive Computers
- Upgradable Tech Dive computers with big screens and games.
Streit's SCUBA Diving Resources
- Talks some about decompression theory, and has linux interface software for diving computers.
- Perl No-Deco SCUBA Tables!
- Free Logging Software, compatible with most computers.