- Several half written and never mailed letters to Simeon Bellarion,
the captain's estranged brother. Apparently, the main rift was
between the Bellarions' father, and Simeon, who did not choose to
serve the Hegemony in the SkyGuard or any other military branch.
After the death of the Bellarion patriarch several years pre-game,
Adrian began writing letters to his brother in an attempt to seal the
rift between the three of them, but never found the right words, and
never mailed any of them. Simeon apparently moved around a bit, but the
final three letters written for him were addressed to Cerulean.
All other letters in the file are incoming letters. Bellarion apparently never
saved copies of personal correspondence he sent.
- Letters of rivalry between Margot and Adrian Bellarion regarding the
competition between the two of them over command of first the Strategos'
newest battle-cruisers, the Ajax. It takes some careful reading to realize
that the rivalry is in a large part in fun, and the two really do love and
respect each other's accomplishments.
- Private letters from someone high up in fleet command acknowledging that
Adrian Bellarion withdraws from consideration for command of the Ajax on
the condition that Margot (nor anyone else) ever finds this out.
- Letter of condolence to Adrian on her posting to the Ajax. "Though we
both know the better captain would win!"
- Letters from Margot to Adrian in which she is adjusting to her command
and shaking down her crew.
All further letters from Margot came in over fleet channels but in a private
person to person encryption code rather than in the clear.
- Questions of uncertainty from Margot related to the mission of her
that she's gotten everything under control and has the confidence of
and confidence in
her crew in ship, the actual power under her command is finally
is somewhat unclear why the Hegemony would need an Ajax, let alone
the whole class of
them yet to be constructed.
- Concern from Margot that she's being tested in some way. She
receives strange orders
and obeys them, even though she has twinges that something isn't
right here and there.
Eventually, she thinks she's passed the tests, but wonders why her
loyalty would be
questioned in the first place.
- Letters of concern from Margot Bellarion about various oddities she's been
picking up in fleet deployments. There appears to be a lot of
of assets. There are also odd training exercises: for instance,
coordinated attacks and defense between sub-units forbidden to
communicate with each other,
for instance. All sound in theory, but fairly unlikely in practice.
- Definite statements from Margot that she thinks there is something
no one knows what it is. The SkyGuard and the Legions, at least parts of them
are clearly preparing for something, but it's unclear what if could
- One final message from Margot: "I've found it. We've got to meet soon."
That message was received the day before the disaster and probably
explains why the captain was so distracted during Fate II even in the
face of having an
Elite on board.