Interlingua: early standards engagements
FIPA = Foundation for Intelligent Physical Agents
- Standards body: main industry locus of action since ‘96 for intelligent agents knowledge-interchange standards work, e.g., for Internet e-commerce negotiation between agents.
- Current draft standard uses ANSI KIF to represent rules.
- In collaboration with U. Maryland, we are driving XML version of KIF, in synch with our IBM rules interlingua and EECOMS.
- In early discussions about going beyond KIF.
- We have long-running role in committee: non-monotonicity and conflict handling.