It is a time of resolution, a time of endings.
As the reign of the Chreotha comes to a close, so does the resistance
of the Eldens to the Dragaeran invasion. Though this is an ending, it
is also a beginning. The new territory holds endless possibility
during the inexorable approach of the Yendi regime...
- I am sitting here this evening with Coll Fishmonger, a
native here on the island of Elde. Mr. Fishmonger, what are
your opinions on your new role as a Dragaeran subject?
- My name's not Fishmonger, it's Coll. Sellin' fish is what I do.
- Umm... yes, well, what do you think about being a subject?
- Subject of what?
- The Dragaeran Empire.
- Nope, thanks, I'd rather be on Elde. The fishin's no good on
- But you already are in the Dragaeran Empire. They just
conquered your island. Didn't you notice all of the ships?
- Well, there have been a lot of trawlers out lately, but I figure
there's enough fish for everybody.
- aggravated tone There have not been more trawlers around,
there have been warships! Didn't you notice that there were
soldiers on board with swords and spears?
- Long sticks with points on the end.
- No, I meant, why did you say "harpoons"?
- You catch fish with harpoons, not spears.
- They weren't catching fish, they were killing people!
- No they weren't, they weren't doin' much of anythin', except
- Well, how do you feel about the Emperor bringing the entire
court to Elde to sign the peace treaty and survey his new
- The Emperor.
- Oh. ponders a moment Does he like fish?
- yelling Can't you talk about anything except fish?
- confused expression Why?
Andrea Humez, Jay Muchnij, Tom Giordano,
Michael Person, and Marleigh Norton present:
YY YY EEEEEE NNN NN DDDD III
YY YY EE NN N NN DD D III
YYY EEEE NN N NN DD D III
YYY EE NN N NN DD D III
YYY EEEEEE NN NNN DDDD III
RRRRR III SSSS III NNN NN GGGGG
RR RR III S III NN N NN G
RRRRR III SSSSS III NN N NN G GGG
RR RR III S III NN N NN G G
RR RR III SSSS III NN NNN GGGGG
BASED ON THE BOOKS BY STEPHEN BRUST
Yendi Rising is a ten day Assassin's Guild game of sorcery,
witchcraft, chivalry, honor, deception, politics, and lots of schtick
presented for your role-playing pleasure this IAP, January 17-26. For
more information, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The MIT Assassins' Guild