Slugfest Games according to GameCom
(excerpt from Alan's email 5/7/01)
Cosmic Encounter "The game that breaks its own rules", I've never
played this one, but I'm sure if you did,
the universe would collapse
because of the resulting paradox-thingy.
- Crescendo of Doom, Never played this one either, I don't know what
a crescendo is, nor do I want to find out.
- Risk\Castle Risk, Take over the world in just less than
forever(about 6 hours)
- Nuclear War, Take over the world in less than 6 hours, and
- The Settlers of Catan, Never learned to play this one, involves
lots of wood though, also road building.
- Trivial Pursuit, Answer questions, try to fill your pie with
wedges,get the middle and makes fools out
of your friends.
- Dominos, Inheirted with some missing, hardly good for anything,
rather have a domino rally set.
- Deck of Cards, 52 plastic coated playing cards plus 2 jokers and
"play by the rules" cards, box comes complete
with my name on it.
- Monopoly, This game should have the phrase "Screw or be screwed"
on it, take over a small part of Atlantic
City, NJ in about 6 hours.
- Chutes and Ladders, Spin the spinner, move forward, if you land
the bottom of a ladder go up it, at the top
of a slide, fall down it. Get to
the end, loads of fun for the little kids
you kidnapped from Cambridge
public schools, or the kid in you(ie: not
ones you ate).
- Candyland, Draw pretty colored cards, move to that color on the
board,get to the end, another fun kiddy game.
- Uno, I forget how this is played, but basicaly its a complicated
game of Screw Your Neighbor.
- Guillotine, Card game that involves chopping the heads off of
freach people for points, and making sure
other people don't get the same pleasure.
- 10 dice, I don't know what you like to do with dice, but I have
of them, that say in pretty red "Bicycle",
use them as you please.