My name is Omid Abari, and I am a Ph.D. student at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS). I am supervised by Professor Dina Katabi and Professor Anantha Chandrakasan. I received my S.M. degree from MIT in 2012 and my B.Eng. degree from Carleton University in 2010. My main research interests involve the design of low power, energy-efficient systems and circuits for wireless communication applications.
- Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship Finalist 2012
- Microsystems Annual Research Conf. Best Presentation Award 2012
- Merrill Lynch Fellowship 2011
- Senate Medal for Outstanding Academic Achievement 2010
- Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship (NSERC-CGSM)-Converted to PGS 2010
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) 2010
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Undergraduate Student Research Awards 2010
- Herzberg Scholarship 2010
- Ontario Professional Engineers Foundation for Education Scholarship 2010
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Undergraduate Student Research Award 2009
- Hyman Soloway Scholarship 2009
- Ahluwalia Scholarship 2009
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Undergraduate Student Research Award 2008
- Sprott Scholarship 2008
- David C. Coll Scholarship in Communications Engineering 2008
- Dean's Honour List, Carleton University 2007-2010
- MIT News : Toward practical compressed sensing
- H. Hassanieh , L. Shi , O. Abari, E. Hamed, D. Katabi, "GHz-Wide Sensing and Decoding Using the Sparse Fourier Transform" IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), Toronto Canada, April 2014.
- O. Abari, E. Hamed, H. Hassanieh, A. Agarwal, D. Katabi, A. Chandrakasan, and V. Stojanovic, "A 0.75 Million-Point Fourier Transform Chip for Frequency-Sparse Signals" IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC), San Francisco USA, Feb 2014.
- O. Abari, F. Lim, F. Chen and V. Stojanovic, "Why Analog-to-Information Converters Suffer in High-Bandwidth Sparse Signal Applications", IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I (TCAS-I), vol.60, no.9, pp.2273-2284, Sept 2013.
- F. Chen, F. Lim, O. Abari, A. Chandrakasan and V. Stojanovic, "Energy Aware Design of Compressed Sensing Systems for Wireless Sensors under Performance and Reliability Constraints", IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I (TCAS-I), vol.60, no.3, pp.650-661, March 2013.
- O. Abari, F. Chen, F. Lim and V. Stojanovic, "Performance Trade-offs and Design Limitations of Analog-To-Information Converter Front-Ends", IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP) , Kyoto, Japan, March 2012.
- O. Abari, F. Alaca, J. Green and R. Goubran, "Application of Sensor Networks in a Smart Apartment", Canadian Medical and Biological Engineering Society Conference (CMBES), Vancouver, Canada, June 2010.
- A. Liao, O. Abari and C. Plett, "Comparative Study of Passive and Active Correlators for UWB Impulse Radio," IEEE International Northeast Workshop on Circuits and Systems (NEWCAS), Montreal, Canada, June 2010.
- O. Abari and C. Plett, "A differential 5th derivative Gaussian pulse generator for UWB transceivers," IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), Paris, France, May 2010.
2012 © Paul Shneider.