There are a number of people whose names are likely to come up
multiple times in this file, so I should indicate who they are and why
they are important here.
- Jeff Brillhart - Is the director of the choir.
- Martina and Natalia(?) - sisters who are members of Saints Cosmos
and Damian Russian Orthodox Church, Moscow. They spent several weeks or
possibly months in Bryn Mawr as guests of BMPC's "Missionaries In
Residence" program, so a number of the choir members got to know them
well. I believe that it is not an accident that they were from where we
were planning to go.
- Father Michael - A jolly fellow who is a Deacon in the Russian
Orthodox Church in the US. He works as a translator, and I believe was
involved in the recent production (in conjunction with SS Cosmos and
Damian?) of a Russian children's bible. He knows much about Russia, or
at least the parts wher we were, and acted as a tour guide and
translator and arranger and all-around helper. This was while he was on
vacation from his regular work.
- Peter Mikuliak - A friend of Father Michael, he works for the
International Orthodox Christian Charities, usually in Baltimore, but
recently was the acting head of the IOCC in Moscow. He was a "choir
groupie" for several days in Moscow.
- Linda and Ted Madara - The wonderful people from the choir who
organized the whole trip. Linda spent much of the 14 months prior to
the trip doing little other than planning the trip.
Main Russia Trip page