Computational Fluid Dynamics, Data Assimilation for Oceanic System, Adaptive Sampling
B. Tech and M. Tech. (2007) in Mechanical Engineering, IIT Bombay (CPI: 9.38 / 10)
MS (2009) in Mechanical Engineering, MIT (GPA: 5 / 5)
Awards and Honors
Institute Silver Medal, 45th Convocation, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, 2007
Research and Teaching Experience
Research Assistant, Multidisciplinary Simulation Estimation and Assimilation Systems (MSEAS) group at MIT, since September 2007
Teaching Assistant, Numerical Methods in Fluid Mechanics for Engineers (Course 2.29: Graduate H Level Course), MIT, 2008
Research Assistant, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Bombay, May 2006- July 2007
Teaching Assistant, Heat Transfer Laboratory, IIT Bombay, 2007
Research Scholar, Zeus Numerix Pvt. Ltd., Bombay, 2004.
IIT Bombay - National University of Singapore SEP Fellowship, 2006
University of Utah Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship, 2005
Undergraduate Research Opportunity (UROP), IIT Bombay, 2004
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) India (top 0.1% candidates) Merit in Matriculation Examination, 2000
1. H. Joshi, A. Agarwal, B. Puranik, C. Shu and A. Agrawal, "A hybrid FVM-LBM method for single and multi-fluid compressible flow problems", International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 2009.
2. A. Agarwal, A. Agrawal, B. Puranik, C. Shu, "Novel LBM Scheme for Euler Equations", 26th International Symposium on Shock Waves, Germany, 2007.
3. A. Agarwal, P. F. J. Lermusiaux, "Statistical field estimation for complex coastal regions and archipelagos", To be submitted to Ocean Modelling, 2009.
4. P. J. Haley, P. F. J. Lermusiaux, A. Agarwal, "Minimizing the inter-island transport using an optimization methodology", To be submitted to Ocean Modelling, 2009.
5. W. G. Leslie, P. F. J. Lermusiaux, P. J. Haley, A. Agarwal, L. Burton, O. Logoutov, "Interdisciplinary modelling and dynamics in the Philippines archipelago", To be presented at the proceedings of Ocean Science Meeting (session PO16: Physical Oceanography of Archipelagos), Portland, USA, 2010.
1. "Field Mapping (Objective Analysis) and Adaptive Scale Estimation in Complex Coastal Regions and Archipelagos", Philippines Straits Dynamics Experiment Meeting, Honolulu, USA, August, 2009.
2. "Interdisciplinary Modelling and Dynamics of Archipelagos and Straits", Philippines Straits Dynamics Experiment Meeting, Honolulu, USA, August, 2009.
3. "Autonomous Marine Intelligent Swarming Systems for Interdisciplinary Observing Networks (A-MISSION)", Science of Autonomy meeting, Washington DC, USA, July, 2009.
4. "Flow produced noise and its fluid mechanical treatment", Indo-German winter academy jointly organized by University of Erlangen Nuremberg (Germany) and Tata Steel (India), Jamshedpur, India, 2006.
1. A. Agarwal, "Statistical field estimation and scale estimation for complex coastal regions and archipelagos", SM Thesis, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2009.
2. A. Agarwal, "Novel FVM-LBM for compressible Euler equations" , D. Degree Thesis, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, 2007.