Republication Policy for Web and Print
I. Electronic mediaA. MIT News, a Web site run by the MIT News Office, offers RSS feeds for syndication purposes. All MIT News stories republished on third-party sites must include:
1. At the top of the story: the headline, sub-headline, author's byline, and a citation of "MIT News" that links to the original story on the MIT News site;
2. At the bottom of the story: the words "Reprinted with permission of MIT News" and a link to the MIT News homepage (http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/);
B. Additionally, sites wishing to use accompanying multimedia content (photos, video) may do so, provided the creator is cited in the MIT News caption. If no creator is cited, the multimedia content is not available for use. For usage inquiries, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. Print mediaA. Book publishers
1. Book publishers wishing to use MIT News content must first obtain permission from the MIT News Office. Please send a request by e-mail to email@example.com, specifying which photo or article you would like to reprint and how the content will be used. Requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
B. News organizations.
1. All MIT News stories republished in print must include:
a. At the top of the story: the headline, sub-headline, author's byline, and "MIT News";
b. The words "Reprinted with permission of MIT News (http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/)" in the footer.
2. Images may not be reproduced without prior approval from MIT News. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://web.mit.edu/press/.