Neurons that can multitask greatly enhance the brain’s computational power, study finds.
Seniors and graduate students anticipating Commencement are invited to stop by Lobby 10 and the Bush Room on Tuesday, May 15 to to discover programs and services offered by the MIT Alumni Association. Alumni Association staff will be on hand from 9am-4pm to explain these services, including:
- The Infinite Connection, which offers access to the many online services provided by the Alumni Association, including Email Forwarding for Life.
- Career assistance options available to alumni, such the Institute Career Assistance Network (ICAN), eProNet, JobTrak, the alumni-to-alumni online jobs bulletin board and mentoring programs.
- The MIT On The Road (MOTR) Program, which offers alumni the opportunity to continue their MIT education.
- The MIT Enterprise Forum, which has 23 chapters that offer advice, support and educational services for emerging technology-based companies and entrepreneurs.
- The Alumni Travel Program.
- Subscriptions to Technology Review.
At the expo, students about to become alumni can also make their senior gift, learn about Senior Week and Tech Reunions, vote for alumni class officers, and join an MIT Club or Affinity Group.
A version of this article appeared in MIT Tech Talk on May 9, 2001.