Intro to Media Studies BBS

Message from: disa_t@MIT.EDU
About: Lab #1

Thu, 06 Feb 1997 12:33:43 EST

• Next message: Van L. Chu: "2.5.97 Lab: Web Surfing"
    Lab #1 Site: 5points: art mathematics science pattern process

I can't remember how I got to this site, but it is a sort of presentation forum
    focusing on collaborations between artists, scientists and mathematicians. The
    site was originally based on a physical gallery in upstate NY, but now it is
    evolving by expanding its scope to take advantage of the added flexibility of
    purely electronic communication via the Web. A project that I found particularly
    interesting is "Process" by Bill Botzow, visual artist and Frank Peseckis,
    theoretical physicist. The project takes the form of a series of sessions, during
    which they start with Bill's sketches and Frank's notes and we follow them through
    several stages of image manipulation and theme reconsideration. This project is
    a good example of how the participants in the site try to achieve balance between
    art and science in the attempt to understand and appreciate nature.
    Oh, and there are some cool pictures and links too.

Mandisa

You may post a follow-up message or a new message. To send a reply directly to the author, you may click on the email address above.

If you would like to submit a message using your own mail program, send it to: bbs@webmeet.mit.edu

If you are following up this article, please include the following line at the beginning of your message:
    In-Reply-To: 9702061733.AA28770@m56-129-24.MIT.EDU