Intro to Media Studies BBS

Message from: Seth S Kessler (sskess@MIT.EDU)
About: Lab 1

Wed, 05 Feb 1997 17:43:17 EST

• Next message: Seth Cooperman: "Assignment ONE"
    http://www.quarterdeck.com/qdeck/products/webtalk

This is the website promoting quarterdeck's program webtalk. I chose this page because i thought it was a very unusual combination of two different forms of media. Through this program (which has a downloadable demo) you use your computer as a telephone through your internet browser. I have tried this program before, and it is identical in quality to a telephone, is free (unless you have to pay for web access) and has interesting features such as a phonebook and a map of the world with a line connecting you and your counterpart. I was just interested by this site since normally the web is a place where you can receive information in visual forms like words and pictures, while on quaterdeck's page full audio interaction has been added.

Seth Kessler

You may post a follow-up message or a new message. To send a reply directly to the author, you may click on the email address above.

If you would like to submit a message using your own mail program, send it to: bbs@webmeet.mit.edu

If you are following up this article, please include the following line at the beginning of your message:
    In-Reply-To: 199702052243.RAA03974@skull-net.mit.edu